Search This Blog

Monday, October 24, 2016

Partner in Crime

Twelve years and one day ago, I married a tall, skinny, dark-haired guy. We were young, fairly stupid, and stubborn as hell.

Two kids, a couple of mental breakdowns, a move across the country, a lot of therapy, countless miles run, and a ton of good humor later, here we are. In love. Madly. And still just stupid enough to spend our anniversary climbing a tall, rickety ladder, taking a leap of faith as we jumped off a platform, and trusting some stranger to catch us when we let go of the bar.


I am not going to lie - I was terrified to give the flying trapeze a try, but like our marriage, taking the plunge was worth the shaking hands. As soon as I jumped, there was nothing but the bar and my own body to trust to complete the tricks we were performing. And you know what? Like marrying that smiling cutie twelve years ago, it was an exhilarating and wild ride. I am glad I wasn't too afraid to take that risk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment