Search This Blog

Friday, October 21, 2016

Blog Version 2.0

I wish I could remember how I started my last blog, but the specifics have slipped into the deep abyss of forgotten memories along with many of the details from the days when mental illness consumed my life. It was a blog saturated with blunt and often painful honesty of what day-to-day battles tormented the mess of a young woman struggling with the changing diagnoses of postpartum depression, psychosis, severe anxiety, obsessive-compulsive behavior, and finally, bipolar disorder.

Following the years of manic energy involving moving to a different state, buying an old house I had never actually seen, and a consistent barrage of poor life choices, I stopped writing publicly as part of my ultimate decision to combat my mental health issues. In the several years since, I went back to school, landed a professional day job, moved to a new house in a safe neighborhood, fought to become the mother and wife I have always aspired to be, and finally managed to get my mental health and life to a much more balanced place.

Maybe my story isn't all that special or interesting, but I managed to climb my way out of rock bottom when I made the choice to keep living, and I am unabashedly proud of that accomplishment. I'm still here, and I have learned to love running along the less beaten path of my beautiful life.

Welcome to My Blog Version 2.0, and hang on. It's going to be an energetic (and hopefully uplifting) ride.
My Happy Place

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Glad to see you blogging again. And thanks for the run this morning. I needed it! :-)

    ReplyDelete