Search This Blog

Thursday, November 3, 2016

An Occasional Treat

I am sore today. Unsurprisingly, my quads hurt the most. Damn you, Iron Strength Workout for Runners.

Thursdays are always a bit physically exhausting for me because I usually do a 3-5 mile run, which inadvertently often becomes a tempo run due to time constraints or a much-faster-than-me running buddy, then I have an hour long hip hop class in the late evening.

Also what must be factored into today's agenda is my downtown Seattle work meeting, chauffeuring my youngest to gymnastics after school, which is a 45-minute drive one way, and the fact that I have prioritized my exercise load of laundry so many times that I'm just about out of clean underwear (Quick! It's a statewide emergency!). Let's not forget dinner, ensuring the girls have completed their homework and get to bed at a decent hour, and spending time with my sweet doggie and the pup that we are currently babysitting.

On days like this, I have a choice. I can allow the stress to overwhelm me, or I can treat myself to some Starbucks on my way home from the work meeting and spend ten minutes sitting in my backyard appreciating the beautiful, sunny, 61-degree autumn day before getting back to the work I need to complete.

Today, I chose the second choice.

Behold... the "controversial" Starbucks cup, which works
exactly the same as their normal cup. 

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! It's amazing what a difference even a short break can make. Now back to the madness. 😜

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY COFFEE! My feet hurt. But it's because of work, not anything cool. :(

    ReplyDelete