Search This Blog

Monday, March 13, 2017

Pondering: Triathlon Training

A running buddy of mine is a triathlon coach and has asked me if I was serious when I mentioned last year that I might be interested in doing one this year.

When I think about jumping into a cold Washington lake and swimming, then biking, then running after swimming and biking, my reaction is something like this:

Just kill me already.
Last year I decided 2017 is going to be the year I do a triathlon, and it has finally occurred to me that WE ARE ALREADY IN THE MIDDLE OF MARCH 2017. If I'm going to do this, I have to commit and start training now.

I'm not a bad swimmer, but I have difficulty making time to do laps at the nearby pool, which is only open for lap swimming after 9:00 p.m. during the week. And to be completely transparent, I haven't been on a bike since college... so yeah, there's that minor detail.

As I mull the decision over in my head, I have this sneaky suspicion I'll end up taking the bait and doing it.

Have you ever trained for a triathlon? What tips and advice do you have for a potential runner considering doing one?

1 comment:

  1. Do it!! Would love to follow your journey!!

    ReplyDelete