Search This Blog

Monday, November 14, 2016

Practicing Humility

I have been visiting family in Tucson, Arizona since Thursday, and wouldn't you know it, I have been battling what appears to be a sinus infection and got hit with food poisoning while I have been here. How does one exercise during these circumstances? One doesn't.

I'm sure there are plenty of fitness folks who can summon the miraculous energy to swing a kettle bell, pump out some squats, and even go for a run while they're struggling to breathe and crouched over a toilet heaving up last night's dinner, but I am not that person. While I managed to go for an easy few-mile hike at beautiful Sabino Canyon to pay homage to the incredible super moon lighting our way, that was the extent of exercise I was capable of handling during this trip. 

Today, I am flying back to Seattle and - if the stars align properly - I will likely go to an evening yoga class. Or maybe I'll just collapse face-first into my pillow. Make no mistake, though. If I do manage to get out the door with my yoga mat in tow, I'll be practicing humility and skipping all the fun poses. Lying in Savasana sweating out all the sick inhabiting my body sounds far more doable than anything involving flexing my muscles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment